Thursday, November 3, 2011

Our Spooktacular Halloween

Allow me to apologize before hand for the cheesiness that is my post title.  I really could not come up with anything uber cool, so just deal with it.

Halloween weekend was a little bit more action filled than I would have preferred, but good none the less.  Friday evening was my mom’s birthday.  We went over there for Paella and (of course) cake.  I am terribly disappointed in myself because although I remembered to take my camera, I forgot to charge the battery- so you know, epic fail on my part.  I was only able to get a picture of the cake with my phone.  But do trust that I set up the table gorgeously and it was a lovely evening.

315711_267942783243540_100000834613433_689800_429458753_n   On Sunday we did our usual church outing (minus the costumes of course).  After that the boys shimmied into their costumes and we set off for Jungle Island, or as Omi calls it "the jungle"  He actually said the funniest thing when I told him we were going to wear out costumes to the jungle.  He told me "No mama, if I wear my costume the animals will not know it is me"  This kid cracks me up daily.  As a matter of fact, there are a couple of pictures where he is up close with the Liger and did take off his mask. 

DSCN0914 DSCN0915 DSCN0916 DSCN0917 DSCN0918 DSCN0919 DSCN0920 DSCN0921 DSCN0922 DSCN0923 DSCN0924 DSCN0926 DSCN0927 DSCN0930 DSCN0932

For Halloween we did our usual voyage to Alex and Haggy’s house.  Their neighborhood closes the streets and allows loads of children to run around without the worry of having them squashed by any vehicles. Omi and Dylin got to ride in the wagon together which was really the highlight of THIER night.  After every house they would just stumble back into the wagon and pilfer through their loot.  At one point in the evening I looked into Omi’s bucket to look for a Snickers only to see that his bucket was barely half full.  By this point I felt we had visited quite a few houses.  Just as I start to bad mouth the stinginess of the neighbors I see both Omi and Dylin chomping away at their candy while walking back to the wagon.  Turns out they ate the candies they likes before they even made back to the rest of the group.  Aiden was loving the Halloween night beyond words- which since he doesn’t use many words I guess is a good thing.  He too had his own candy ritual.  When he saw Omi take off for a house he would dart behind him!  Being the mommy I am, I would of course walk with Aiden, only to have him swat my hand away (while I died about how my youngest wanted no help from me).  Once the candy was dropped into his bucket he would run (the cutest Sponge Bob toddler running you have ever seen) to the stroller.   

DSCN0934 DSCN0935 DSCN0936 DSCN0937 DSCN0938 DSCN0939 DSCN0940 DSCN0941 DSCN0942 DSCN0943 DSCN0944 DSCN0945 DSCN0946 DSCN0947 DSCN0948 DSCN0949 DSCN0950 DSCN0951 DSCN0952 DSCN0953

And in case you were wondering, Omar and I did dress up like a week earlier for a party.  We were none other than...

DSCN0904

Don King and just a random boxer.  It was super last minute- do not judge.  And for whatever the reason Omar looks like he has a gut in this picture- totally the angle- he is totally gut free.  And uummmm so is my gut- lol

1 comments:

Liani said...

Omi's boots came out awesome! *mommy power*