Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Amazing what an Omar free day can accomplish!

There are days when I cannot remember what life was like before the little ones came into the world. And than there are days where I wish I had just a fraction of the free time I used to, not to go out and party... no no no- to clean the house and do laundry. Who would have thunk it?

Last night we left Omi and Aiden and my parent's house like we always do to make it for our late night gym sessions. Before the kids I never went to the gym- of course there was also NO baby weight to get rid of. And now I am slowly but surely turning into a gym rat! There are nights when I am up for the gym but O isn't... who would have imagined that day would EVER come! The evenings when we can't find a sitter I get slightly annoyed that I am not able to go. Yes I know (and O has offered to stay with the boys and let me go alone) I could go alone and not have us both go, but I am not that into the gym. HA HA HA HA... I need that gym buddy to keep me going. Actually I just think Omar looks pretty darn hot while working out and cannot resist watching him do curls. BWAHHH HA HA HA HA!!!

W-H-O-A did I get off on a tangent or what? Ok, so back to the whole leaving the boys at my moms. So when we were done and went to pick them up little Omi had knocked out. And out of utter fear that he would wake up and not go back to bed until like 3 am, we optioned to let him sleep over abuela and grandpa's house. Which worked out so0o0o0o nicely- as luck would have it big Omar had a couple of meetings today as well. So it was just little Aiden Eric and myself. It is nice to get some mommy and Aiden time together. With all the madness that constantly surrounds our lives, it is hard to get time with the little guy. I feel like Omi had so much mommy and daddy alone time- that it is not fair you know.

Besides that--- I was FINALLY able to unpack some more things. Yes you read correctly. I am fully aware that we closed Dec 28. In my defense however I WAS 34 weeks pregnant. So yes, the office is still a wreck. I hope that before Aiden turns one that may (and I stress may) be complete. I did however accomplish quite a bit today in just a couple of hours. I was able to put up all the shelves in the boys' room, the window valance along with the pictures of their (a'hem) newborn pictures. Shame on me- I know... don't be judgy (LMBO!). Another accomplishment? I placed all our portraits in frames as well. I hope to place them on the walls one day ::sigh::

Oh I also finished and hung the shelves in our bedroom, I had been meaning to get that done for such a long time. I was definitely patting myself on the back after finally getting those up. Oh- I also changed the curtains in the office. Which is really a bigger task than it sounds, getting to the windows is a challenge in itself. While in the labyrinth, I started to put up my shrine to the husband's career (lol). Not to much really, just some of the plaques and baseball action pictures.

We really have been knocking out our to-do lists lately. Even Omar has gotten in on the fun. Any one who knows anything about Mr. Falcon knows that he and any home repair work do not mix. But ladies and gentlemen he has taken on the task of re-screening the patio. Do not check your eyes, you read correctly. For the most part I do the majority of the home fixin' up around here and anything I am not able to do physically or just plain don't know how to... I get my good ol' dad to help with. But O was looking over my to-do list on the fridge and has also volunteered to do the pavers out back too! Leveling out there has not been an easy task- but lucky for him he got some help!
I really cannot wait to get all this fun stuff taken care of. I really only have a couple of things left- a little shelf for dining room and the hunt for a book case for the office. For the most part I hope to be done in time to gear up for the holidays. I LOVE the holidays... I can't wait!!!!

0 comments: