Thursday, July 10, 2008

Stretch marks are no fun

During my entire pregnancy I lathered myself up with Palmer's cocoa butter lotion and was beyond extremely cautious not to scratch my belly (regardless of how much it itched). All for the sake of avoiding those yucky souvenirs pregnancy leaves you with called stretch marks. I would lather up all over, legs, belly, boobs... you name it! Well let me be the first to inform y'all--- belly did not have a single mark until about the last week of pregnancy, big disappointment. Its not bad at all really, there are maybe 3 small marks near my belly button on just one side. I can't even manage to "scar" evenly. But of all the places, the place I was least concerned about --- my thighs now have stretch marks!! Of course, my fabulous husband assures me that they are tiny and I am making a bigger issue of it than it really is. I am convinced he says that just to make me feel better (lol). Luckily my c section scar is still tiny and I am content to say that surgical glue is the absolute BEST!
Speaking of post partum war scars... I am going to stop belly aching (ha ha ... I guess its almost literal) about my stretch marks. My pregnancy was not one of those I love being pregnant everything is peachy pregnancies, I puked my ENTIRE nine months. Don't get it confused, I was blessed to be pregnant more than you could ever imagine--- but it was not "fun". However truthfully it wasn't a "bad" pregnancy, no high blood pressure, back pains, leg aching.. none of that. I of course thought I had escaped all those wonderful things... WRONG!!! After having my beautiful bundle my hormones have gone all wacko. I have days that my weddings rings do not fit, they say its because high blood pressure makes you retain water. Yup, I have high blood pressure (boo). Lol, however get this the meds they have me taking for the blood pressure give me the most awful headaches that last for days, so I have to take some other Rx to make that go away. A diaretic to get the water out and helps my joints feel less sore (did I forget to mention my joints are killing me?). Liani and my other non- mommy friends, I know from hearing all these wonderful things you are just anxious to get pregnant now.. ha ha ha!!! But just think all that craziness is worth it when the end result is your greatest achievement
However on a super positive note... I am almost at my pre-prego weight!!! I just need twelve more pounds to go, which I have heard are the most difficult to loose. But the most spectacular Ob-GYN DR. Dimino (I recommend him to all) patted me on the back for already losing 30+ pounds in a month!!!! YAY ME!!!!

0 comments: