Monday, July 21, 2008

Wow--- where did the time go?

As I am laying in bed and trying hard to fall asleep and being quite unsuccessful about it, my mind began to wander. More than the usual... LOL! After finally talking to Darlene the other day and catching up a bit, I realized how much we have grown up. How things never seem to be what you expect them to be.

Ok, so out of all my close friends not only am I the first to have a baby but the only one who is married. So I almost feel like I don't have someone who can relate to me in this point in my life. I am convinced that everyone is just waiting for me to get the hang of all the difficult stuff so I can walk them through it when their time approaches. For example, Ms. D... I am so excited about your new fabulous relationship. No one knows long distance whirl-wind better than Omar and I. I look back on how quite a few people said we were nuts for getting engaged just after 3 months and married less than a year later. (** FOR D: So my advice to you my dearest and old friend; please
PLEASE PLEASE do not listen to all the negative comments. A regular relationship is tough enough as it is... a long distance one needs that much more devotion. As for moving to where he lives, boy oh boy can I give you advise on that one as well. Yeah yeah Omi and I are both from Miami (in the same zip code for crying out loud!) but following him around while he was playing was not that easy of a decision. The best one I could have ever made though.**)

Ok, that last little paragraph had quite a bit of rambling going on all over the place. But to know me is to love me, and to love me is to know that ADHD is my middle name!

I was bored the other evening and looking through old pictures. I am talking about high school and BBO (before both Omar) pictures. It is so crazy how quickly time seems to just dart by. I remember moving out and getting my own place as if it just happened last week (it was 2004!). Four years ago more or less (I know it was July) Eileen, Cristy, the twins Elaine and Eileen and myself were in NYC partying and shopping with no regard for responsibility. How much fun was that? I remember how easy it was to just get up and go as I pleased. Looking back I do not know how I managed to function. Working, going to school, partying daily--- that is right, my fridge was stocked with (sugar free) redbull. Oh and hello.. check out this throw back .... why is Rose not in this picture by the way?
Look at me how thin and tanned I was... ha ha ha. Well and you know different color hair, contacts... whoa- was anything about me real? Awww I miss the green wall!!!

I wanted to take this little moment to say: I am so proud of all of us. Two out of four of us have a Masters degree, Anabel is almost done with hers. Oh and everyone will be delighted to hear that Omar and I have decided what I should do with my degree. I am going to frame it!!! HA HA HA HA...

0 comments: