Monday, November 30, 2009

Adventures in Shopping... Black Friday never a dull moment

I had been meaning to blog about this earlier... but oh well. Don't let me get started on the whole pregnant, toddler, life thing.

For about the last 5 years I would say it has become some what of a tradition for my brother and I to venture out on Black Friday. Most of you think we are nuts and that it is not worth it, etc etc etc. NOT true! If not for pure enjoyment alone, so0o0o0o worth it guys.

Every year we have a pretty funny story or two that sticks out and we re-tell over and over as we hysterically laugh about it with each other. True the hysteria may be in part the fact that at 4 am really most things are quite comical... but again I neither here nor there.

This year was no different and did not disappoint! To begin with Toys R Us decided to open its doors at 12 am this year. Well at least it thought it would open at midnight. To start with Omar decided he would go with us to the toy store this year since it would open early. He would do the TRU thing pack the toys in the car and my brother and I would continue our journey. However three patrol cars (couple of fights broke out due to people trying to cut in line) later and at 12:45 Omar decided his sleep was much more valuable than any money we would be saving. So he went home, as we stayed out in the coldish weather and thugged it out.

Once inside, we pretty much has a plan of action. Wondering what time we actually got into the store? I would say it was about 1:45 am. My brother went and found little man's car as I went and picked up the rest of the toys for the other little ones and the other things I wanted to pick up for Omi. Ok now here is the kicker guys--- after waiting in line to pay for what I would say is another hour and a half a 15 year old kid gets laid out! How and why did he get punched? Oh we have no clue. But all we know is that it all went down about 4 people in front of us while we were so close to the registers that I could smell the cash inside them. At this point, we have been there since 11:30 pm the night before and it is already 3 am-- so sorry to say, but I could care less about the whole ordeal. People just move aside and wait for the police while I proceed to purchase my two shopping carts worth of crap.

And that was just the FIRST store we ventured out to. After that is was off to Old Navy, Kohls, Jc Penney Home Store, and Target. We did get $20 towards our purchase at Target thanks to a nice cashier. And my brother still has another $10 pending to use on a gift card! Some times it pays to be polite and patient.

Here are some pictures of our evening taken at Toys R Us.

2 comments:

Ish said...

surprised my eyes aren't crossing at that point

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you, I love, love, LOVE Black Friday. I always have a plan of attack me and my girlfriend pick out as many items as we can in advance and map out how and when we'll get there. We already have a plan for this year. I'm getting a new TV, and a laptop for my college bound daughter, and some camping stuff from The Sportsman's Guide. I was looking for a new knife for my husband and noticed they were doing their own Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.

My girlfriend is getting her son a new guitar( a Fender I think?) and a new Xbox with a long list of games for her younger son. We're so excited! It's such an event for us, your story reminded me of all the fun we have. Thanks for the memory =)