Friday, November 13, 2009

Chicken VS. Toe VS. Dog... Chicken is victorious



For those of your with toddlers at home, I may receive zero sympathy or tons of it for my little tale. For those of you expecting... oh wait until the fun begins.

So I am working on a couple of projects on the computer and plucking away at my to-do list. Yes, my little darling is awake and in full terror mode- but really when isn't he? I have some what learned to accomplish daily tasks while training my ears to listen for any potentially destructive noises... and of course for absolute silence which means even more of a disaster is in the works.

My little Omi's new fascination is the refrigerator. He loves all the jars and containers he can explore while giving mommy a head ache. The cutest thing I have found is how he calls milk "moo" and opens the fridge and pulls out his bottle (which I try to maintain with milk) and goes on his merry way with bottle in tow.

-back to the story at hand- As I am working, I hear what sounds like Omar playing with eggs. I don't know why I assumed they were eggs, there really is a lot of things that sound the same.. but I for one thought "OH NO! smashed eggs all over the floor". So in a panic I jump out of my seat and take off towards the kitchen. Poor poor poor Peanut... he stood in the way of me and disaster.

Cause: I stepped on his tail with one foot while tripping over him with the other.
Effect: He yelped, jumped up and lost a couple of chunks of tail hair

Did I mention that I also managed to stub my poor little pinky toe in the door way in the process? Not a true stub, but much much worse. Poor little piggy went one way while the rest of the toes went for Peanut's tail. True pain... oh goodness it was awful!!! And than... BAM!!!! SPLAT!!!! No worries, I did not crush Peanut (although so close) I tripped and did a classic Yvette. Luckily I fell forward and slow enough to where I caught myself somewhat. Well not really caught myself... just didn't hurt the belly or the little guy cooking in there. Which was a huge relief of course.

So by now you may have forgotten what the whole purpose of the rush was to begin with. Yes... little Omarito in the refrigeratory. Lucky for me he had not decided to play kick ball with the eggs... was not even playing with them at all. What may you ask WAS he playing with??? A tupperware full of seasoned raw chicken of course!

Absolutely grossed out by the whole ordeal, I did not even know what to do. I just scooped him up, limped over with him and dumped him into the tub. Gross--- Just remembering him sitting there squishing the chicken between his little fingers BLECH!


Toddlers are so much fun.

0 comments: