Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Big O!

Once a year I get to rack my brain trying to come up with a fabulous birthday present for the man who makes my world turn up side down. All in a good way of course. Although he DOES drive me insane. This year was no different. As a matter of fact I would be fibbing if I said that I got him a really wow gift. Quite the opposite actually, I just got him a Goonies tee and a business card holder. See- nada maravilloso. What is the best part of it being his birthday? That I get to stop hearing about how I am 28 and he is only 27... at least until next February.
I was thinking that in honor of his birthday I would list all the wonderful things that make Omar the special person he is. However I am optioning to save that for a list I plan on typing up for our 5 year anniversary. Which I am ridiculously excited about our trip that we have planned to celebrate. But let me leave all that babbling for another post.
Since I cannot remember the last time we went out partying, I thought Omi's birthday was the perfect excuse! I managed to plan a nice evening out with some very cool people. I had first debated on doing something at the house with the whole party thing. But than I sat back and realized how much I loathe cleaning up after parties- so it was a big X on a birthday party at casa de Falcon. We have yet to really have anything at the house since we moved in 8 months ago... but I think I will stick to one on one invites, less to clean up at a time. Maybe most of our friends will have visited before we buy another house ::snicker::
So rewind to last Saturday... we went to Blue Martini. Not exactly what we had in mind (slightly older cougar-ish crowd). They opened up a new one in Kendall near where we live. And by near I don't mean that it is really close, just closer than heading out to the beach or the Grove. So we met up with a couple of friends both new and old. Most of them are parents of some of Omar's kids. Yeah you read correctly- we were hanging out with parents. I was a little hesitant about inviting them- why? Well you KNOW me, I am not the most sociable individual around; therefore I do not really talk to each and every set of parents on the teams. So I only wanted to invited the ones which we really talk to and would hang out with outside of baseball. They also happen to be the younger crows as well. Although I always bother them about being older than us, they really are super fun people to party with! And of course, the usual suspects...

Derek and Omar aka Cuban Connection
My Antelos! Liani and Derek
O and Alex
before we started doing shots
I am not sure who took this picture, but I am loving it!
It is truly a shame that the old man in all white's shoes were not pictured, they too were white. Priceless
one of the many :0)

At midnight, the boys and I lit a cupcake and sang the birthday boy a tune. The cupcake was suppose to be for Big Omar, but little O took once the candle was blown out.
For his actual birthday we really did not do too much, he wanted nothing more than to sleep in. Ahhh... the small stuff in non parent life that one does not appreciate until it is GONE.

Later we went to dinner with Omar's family. It was a nice dinner that we followed with a burger cake!
It is so odd, I always have such a difficult time coming up with cake ideas with him. I know I know- me have a problem with cake ideas! It is just difficult when there is no true theme to help out with the brain waves. Since we are both awful fast food junkies, I decided what better than a burger cake! I saw one at Publix the other day and found that it looked so easy to make I simply must try. So there it is with the works.
Happy Birthday to my favorite adult person (it is a tie between little O and Aiden for my favorite little people). I love you and look forward to next year... almost 30! HA HA HA HA!

0 comments: