Thursday, September 16, 2010

Halloween has landed :0)



::disclaimer:: Let me first warn that although the title and most of my randomness is regarding Halloween, I am likely to stray on topics.

Yes I am fully aware that we are not even in October yet. But I could not wait... and our home is almost completely decorated. Once September came, I felt that we are officially in Autumn. Being as in Miami we have rainy season, non rainy season and even rainier season. Oh and there are even days in our winter when it is colder than 60 degrees out (lol). But I digress...

I am not sure if I had ever placed so much attention to this before, but I was a little upset that most stores have like two shelves of Halloween decor. I really wish I could find some kitchen rugs, and bathroom towels for the boys bathroom. But nothing. I have began wondering if perhaps I am getting anxious? Should I at least give places a day or two to place summer merchandise on clearance and restock with Halloween and Harvest goodies- give them until October at least. Maybe it is the whole recession and lack of consumers. I am really not even sure what to think. HELLO!!! Not even Wal-mart has their usual 4 aisles of Halloween chach-kas!

I am not even sure what had made so goo-goo about decorating for Halloween and my developing obsession. Omar says I am the best cure for a recession... if more individuals were like me the world would never know a recession. I explain to him that although I do spend money, I am the true definition of a bargain shopper. I am always looking for a deal-- which is my biggest problem. I believe the saying is "A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs, and a woman will pay $1 for a $2 item she doesn't need". That is Omar and I to a T. We compliment each other, I make sure he does not pay more than he should... and he in turn takes things out of the shopping cart when I am searching for more random items to place in to it. On more than one occasion my friends and I have fallen to victim of retail therapy. No I am not feeling depressed, but (as actually proven by scientific study) I do believe that certain endorphins are released when shopping causing a euphoric feeling. So if while at the mall you see me turning cart wheels, do not be frightened- I am just feeling giddy. LOL!

So back to the topic, I DID forewarn about how I stray. I am pretty sure I do it in all of my posts, except for the very short and to the point ones. I am so excited about decorating the home for the impending holidays. Halloween makes me so excited, because that means Thanksgiving is right around the corner! And after Thanksgiving... the ultimate shopping experience- BLACK FRIDAY! o0o0o0o I get goose pimples just thinking about Black Friday. I love my brother and I's tradition of being statistics and being at all the early bird specials. And I do mean all, we have brought it down to a science and strategy. We plan it out days before and which spots we are going to hit first... making sure to go by JC Penney and collect our annual free Disney snow globe. The whole experience never disappoints, bringing out only the best of characters!

1 comments:

Daphnie said...

I feel ya about the whole Halloween shopping! My house is decorated already also and I hate it when I go to browse all the spooky goodies and I find more Xmas stuff than Fall! WTF! Its so aggravating considering fall is my fav season!