Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Busy Bee

Lately I have been pretty with baking.  I have had a wedding cake, oodles of cookies, and lots of lovely birthday cakes. 

The wedding cake, although looked awesome once completed and built was quite the head ache.  Luckily my dad helped me deliver it.  I really am not a fan of butter cream frosting being used on such a large cake.  Definitely not as easy to work with as fondant.  The finished product looked really good, but OMG what a delightful mission.

SDC15157

The next sets of cakes and cookies were back to back weekends of two cousin’s birthdays.  The first was a Little Mermaid themed birthday, with matching cookies.

SDC15159 SDC15160

The next was a Snow White themed birthday.  I really enjoyed making this cake for our friends Ana and Adrian’s little one’s first birthday.  For those of you Disney buffs, the cake is suppose to mimic her gown.  I also made cookies, but looking back I did not take any pictures of the cookies.  I did however get pictures of the cutest cupcakes shaped as apples. 

SDC15163 SDC15165 

 

And for those of you who are curious, I have already started brain storming for Omi’s Lightning Mc Queen birthday themed cake.  And soon the preparations start :0)

0 comments: