Saturday, September 27, 2008

When the going get tough the tough "visit their parents"

Its been quite a hectic couple of days/ week. Since its been an eternity it seems, I will go ahead and give a break down of what has been going on in our lives.
Last Friday little O went for his MRI. He had to have one done of his brain and his right ear. Thank goodness everything turned out ok. As some of you may remember a bit ago his pediatrician had referred him to a neurologist because he had a lot of head lag and well--- his head was big. So I took him to two neurologists, one at Miami Children's and the other up in Doral at the Dan Marino Center. They both recommend he have an MRI done just to make sure everything was ok, and there was no fluid in his brain or any masses or tumors. For those of you who are mothers you can only imagine how crazy it was for us. In order to have the MRI done he had to be put under general anesthesia and possibly entubated. Horrible- horrible--- HORRIBLE experience to go through. Yeah I know, they told me it was a procedure that they do everyday blah, blah, blah... but not everyday to MY baby. We got there at about 7:30 am and he did not get out of recovery until about 1:00 pm. I wanted to die. Thank goodness Yulie (the BEST nurse in all of Miami Children's) came to see me and was able to give me the fabulous news that little O had been so good that they did not need to entubate him during the procedure. SO after what appeared to be an eternity, Dr. Martinez called me around 4 pm and informed me that the MRI came back perfectly fine. So basically my little one's diagnose is he has familiar (thanks to his momma's big ol' head) macrocephaly aka is just a "cabezon" which is the best news they could have ever given me. The other portion of the MRI (on his right ear) was because he has a small hemageoma (I guess you could call it some what of a beauty mark/ small mole) on his ear and the ENT wanted to make sure it was just on the cartilage and had no roots. Again, more GOOD news MRI showed it was just cartilage and had no roots so basically all they can do for now is just observe it.

On the weekend we went to our friend's art gallery for a show. It featured about four or five artists. It was not "fun" fun, but it was entertaining. Not sure how interested y'all are in modern art, but there is a link to their site RDZ art gallery.
Last week Omarito slept in his room for the first time. I was so heart broken, he on the other hand was loving the aquarium thing we have in the crib. I guess at that age it does not take much to keep him entertained, but he was having a grand ol' time talking up a storm and all! Of course, he is my son and I expected to say he is cute and beautiful, etc--- but oh my goodness he is just the darlingest thing I ever laid my eyes on. Amazes me every day that Omar and I made this little guy--- what a heaven sent miracle.




And on Monday D landed in Miami. True it was not a planned visit, but so far has turned into quite a great one.... at least for me. How selfish must THAT sound eh? Bueno, although she was not up for it she accompanied me to a fondant cupcake class where we made the cutest cupcakes together. Or as Omar called them, gooey cupcakes. I really enjoyed it so much. I could not wait to get home and continue working on some of them. So after tinkering around with loads of fondant I showed Omar my creations with such excitement. I felt so accomplished, lol... one of my favorite things is having Omar compliment something I have made.
So after much back and forth of conversations of a home business I could start to keep myself busy while at home, we decided to try cakes. So I went ahead and emailed basically everyone on my address list letting them know of my new endeavor. I had no idea I would receive such quit feedback. I already have my first order of cupcakes! Imagine, I sent out the email on Thursday by the end of the day I already had an order for Saturday. I agreed since it is a pretty simple order of cupcakes. It is for a child's birthday party that has a carnival theme. So my little cracks started turning and came up with a fabulous idea for the cupcakes- popcorn! Odd you may think? But I placed mini marshmallows on top of the cupcakes and with yellow food coloring and water painted them yellow. I am pretty dead tired so I will have to post the pictures tomorrow or perhaps on Sunday. In order to put my stuff out there I decided to go ahead and send free samples to the offices of people I know, etc. So I will also be posting some pics of those finished products as well. I am actually pretty excited about the whole thing. My next little mission is to come up with a cute name that is not too cheesy. Granted I would like to come up with something clever, but I would really try to keep away from the names with "cake" in it and stuff.
Tomorrow our little group of friends will be getting together for a picnic. I really can't wait. It will be the first time Anabel and Rose meet little O. Not to mention its been over a year, quite possibly two since we were all together in the same place. How wonderful will it be for us to all catch up for our traditional hours and hours of endless chisme chatting! We so0o0o0o need some updated pictures of our little grupito ;o)


0 comments: