Monday, January 5, 2009

When tackiness strikes

I'm assuming that anyone and everyone reading this entry is likely to think I am quite the materialistic one--- but not so. Ok, so I know everyone has a "style" that they call their own. Or not everyone is privileged to have the means to purchase designer brand clothing--- and that is not what this small entry is about.

First--- sorry H-town, spandex is not for everyone. And truthfully it is quite outdated as well. Ladies, I am the first who is not a fan of ironing/ straightening out the hair everyday. I down right hate combing my hair--- lol. However, if you decide to go out in public, PLEASE either pull it back in a ponytail, bun, something! No need to go out and about looking like a dirty q-tip with your hair looking a hot mess. On Saturday while out at Sandbar we encountered a girl/ woman with troll-like features prancing about. The hair was awful, yet nothing a bit of frizz-ease couldn't have taken care of.

Now both ladies and gentleman, lets discuss attire. Not everyone can pull off "skinny" jeans, I for one am boycotting them. More so because I am not skinny and feel that I do not merit the right to wear skinny jeans. Chunky girls unite and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE move away from the skinny jeans. Now boys, jean jackets are out--- I repeat... jean jackets are out!!! Please bury them in the back of your closets if you insist on keeping them and bring them out when they peak again.

Being trendy does not mean spending 100s or 1000s of dollar on clothing. There are quite a bit of discount retailers out there who have descent things. Target has definitely stepped it up for the frugal shoppers out there. I am guilty of purchasing leggings there as opposed to macys and saving a buck or two. Ross, Marshalls, etc... all there to help. So why oh why do some people insist of just buying things that do not appeal to anyone's body much less their own? Skinny girls, not everything believe it or is flattering... clothes that is too loose make you look like tooth pick with an olive on it. Too tight, I don't believe looks too good on anyone thin or heavy. Also, I almost forgot... for those of us who have put on a couple of extra pounds (I say us because I include myself BIG time) do not be scared to purchase some SPANX. Great investment and will run you about $40 at Nordstrom. Helps immensely with the muffin top issue.

Hmmm... now I know there was more that I felt I needed to speak my mind about, but since I did not write it down they have slipped my mind. However be prepared to read another random rant similar to this one in the near future. Also, I hope this did not hurt anyone's feelings or come across as too mean.




0 comments: