Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Free Country as long as you don't have to go to Cuba-


For a couple of years now my father- in- law has been telling us how for his 50th birthday he wants us all to go to Cuba. I always agreed, I have been wanting to go to the motherland for a while. But today is became a little more real... I got the "ok" from the US to visit Cuba. So we are one step closer. If all goes well we will all be Artemisa- bound (the little town BOTH our families are from) March 25. I'm pretty excited about being able to FINALLY see where my parents and grandparents grew up. I have always secretly envied my non- Cuban friends and their being able to travel freely to where they are from. I really did not imagine to be this jittery--- but I am. And more so I am already contemplating where I would like to visit and what I will have time to see. I do not even officially have my ticket yet--- but am so excited and just the thought all of the history I will finally be able to encounter.

0 comments: