Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mission: Sesame Street.... Accomplished

So after months and months and MONTHS of planning, decorating, and loads of cutting, drawing etc... it came and went in four hours! Can you imagine, I felt like it was our wedding all over again (lol). Of course, our wedding theme was slightly different. I am so glad to say that our little guy had a great time. I know most people say that a first birthday party is a waste because the baby doesn't really enjoy it. But not Omi... he had a GREAT time. From playing with Cookie Monster, to sitting underneath the pinata and collecting candy... he even clapped while the crowd sang him "Happy Birthday" as opposed to most kids screaming in terror. True, he may not remember it when he is 25 years old, but he will have fabulous pictures that his Tia Cindy took for us to look back on. And you know me, little pack rat I am... I will put all kinds of goodies from his party into his scrapbook with no exceptions.

So for pictures there is absolutely no way I can post all 200+ that were taken. So instead I will just post a couple of the vital portions of the celebration and my personal favorites.


I cannot believe he is almost one year old! It is surreal for me. Remembering how much I longed to be blessed with a child... to realize that he is already been part of our lives for a year (out of the womb of course). And for his special day we had planned a trip to the water park... but since it has rained every day for the past two weeks... we are going to take him to the Children's Museum instead. And in the evening... its off to Chuck E Cheese! No worries friends pictures will soon be posted of the REAL big day. And now I am off to organize all his new clothes and toys... le sigh

0 comments: