Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mommy-hood what a blessing

As I sit home with a stuffy nose as Omar is perched on his high chair having lunch while little Aiden Eric naps... I decided to catch up on some much needed blogging. It is sometimes therapeutic to just blabber about what we have been up.
From the picture above you can only imagine that a day in the life of me is quite riveting and eventful to say the least. That is a little tid bit from our photo session last Wednesday. It actually went better than it looks, that was snapped last (obviously). However it was not the first attempt, the one before that was absolutely disastrous. And of course, I MUST be a masochist-- why you ask? Because I have session scheduled on Monday with Monica. She did Omi's newborn pictures. I actually have waited so long to take Aiden I am not sure if she will be able to get capture the pictures I am hoping for (like she did of Omi).... of him curled up sleeping like a little ball. ((fingers crossed)) I will keep you posted on how that turns out.

So recently I find myself annoyed pretty easily. I am not even sure why at times, the oddest things do it to me too. Don't get me wrong, I get uber annoyed about bigger things... but the little things drive me nuts. For example the other day I managed to leave me phone 3 times-- in one day people!!! I had to go back for my phone THREE TIMES!!! Sheesh, scatter brained much? lol It is to the point where I find myself even getting mad at myself. I was livid with myself when I kept forgetting my phone. Poor Omar is receiving the front of this storm too. Sometimes the guy cannot win even if he tries to help, I find myself telling him that he did not clean a bottle enough or did the laundry wrong... el pobre no pone ni una. Just a word to the wise, watch out people keep your distance and already moody Yvette is moodier lately and I can't even blame it on being pregnant!

Now I know, I am not the first person in the world to have more than one child-- but whoa the adjustment is coming slowly. And actually it does not have much to do with the boys. I think the fact that I am still partially unmoved, there are boxes in what should be the office, closets are not 100% complete, new windows are still pending being installed, porch screen needs to be replaced... and the list goes on and on. I want the office to be put in order so bad too, but there just is no time for me to sit there and put the room together. It is relatively high on my to-do list though. But trivial things such as laundry, dishes, cooking and bathing the kids gets in the way (HA!). In retrospect the most titillating of my "missions" is keeping things stocked, i.e. fruit snacks for Omi, diapers in diaper bag for Aiden, clean bottles (sterilizing them), ETC. **I swear that our clothes is having sex in the hamper and reproducing not to mention the dishes** My poor poor canines, the other day I forgot to feed the dears all day. I think Peanut almost propped Coco on his shoulders to open the pantry door. I am getting better, trying to keep myself on track with lists. But there are so0o0o many curve balls thrown my way on a daily basis. I cannot remember the last time I had a hot meal-- yes I know microwaves exists but I have just grown accustom to luke warm food.

Just the other day while out and about with the boys at Michaels, I was asked how old Aiden Eric was... when I answered 5 weeks I was flustered. Has it really only been 5 weeks since this little guy came into the world??? I truthfully thought Aiden was surely 6 months old by now. Omar says he remembers what it was like to not have kids and get a good nights rest, but I don't. Maybe it is because he gets a taste of non-baby life every day when he goes to work and is on the field. All the while momma dukes is home with the kiddies where pulling a Cheerio (2 actually) out of Omi's nose is not as odd of an occurrence as it should be. I always knew that becoming a mother would be the most life altering experience imaginable. Becoming a wife was different and required some adjusting, but having two little guys (four if you count Coco and Peanut- who nearly starved the other day) depend on you for everything- its invigorating! I surely was born to be a mother, and feel lucky that I am blessed with the opportunity to stay home with these little guys. I complain and moan and groan about how they drive me nuts and how at the end of the night I am so dead that I cannot even breath without a ventilator--- but it these monsters are my life. I give it all for them, and find that me splurging consists of buying Omi new kicks and matching attired for them as opposed to buying anything for myself. I spend my day contemplating about Baptism celebrations, birthday themes, and birth announcements when I should be remembering things such as renewing my car tag! - I am over a month late in doing that guys.

So below are some pictures of what makes my world the fabulosity that it is...

0 comments: