Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ready for the May flowers


These past couple of days lots has been going on around here. So I must admit blogging has not been a top priority. The days here have been gloomy, it has rained almost every other day and for a while it was raining EVERY day. Talk about cabin fever! Omi gets pretty bored, and begins to parade ALL of his toys around the house. For the most part he has been extra good about putting them back in their place. But in the mean time it is an ELMO and Tonka Truck extravaganza!

Little Aiden pretty much does the same thing regardless of what the weather is like. I am absolutely astonished that the little guy is already flipping over. Although I will let you in on a little secret, he had done it a couple of times before. But he is much more consistent with turning over now. Only problem is that he is not a fan of being on his back, so when he turns over he has an absolute fit!

Due to the weather I have been able to get a few things done around the house here and there. I was able to contract someone to re-do our kitchen which I am SUPER psyched about! I am almost done with the kids room as well... all I need is to put up the curtain rod (which I am waiting to be delivered) and a couple of shelves. Once that portion of the house is complete I will definitely post some pictures. I am actually pretty excited about that as well. Once I am finished with the kids room I plan on moving onto our bedroom. We really do not have all that much to do, just finish the closet... and put up some shelves and wall art as well. And hopefully by one of these years our office will be complete... but I am slow stepping on that one. For now that room is pretty much the everything room. Whenever I don't want to see a box or mess in any part of the house it ALL ends up there. I do have everything I need to complete the office.. only thing missing is the time!

Our latest endeavor is the creation of the Falcon Baseball Club. After much debate about how to go about doing it... Omar opened up his baseball academy. I am so excited for him, it has been quite a while since I have seen him get that sparkle in his eye (yes his eyes sparkle with the kids... but its a different kind of sparkle- baseball wives I KNOW you understand what I am talking about). We are planning on doing quite a bit of traveling over this summer with the teams he has (two 14U, one 16U and a 17u). Over the weekend one of his 14u teams played in their first tournament and nabbed second place! I was so very proud of him, the kids had never played together. And for the most part they were playing in the tournament just to see how they would mesh and get them in rhythm of playing together to be ready for the upcoming summer season.

I have also been trying so0o0o hard to go to the gym. But with all the madness going on here daily it has been quite the task. Oh.. and I am still making a cake here and there every so often. Pretty hard to believe that amongst all the madness we manage to work in some time (a little bit) to sleep.

0 comments: