Tuesday, December 15, 2009

La cosa Nostra

At any given time of the year, our family has a birthday to celebrate, baptism, wedding, or random get together just for a reason to hang out with each other. Omar has gotten used to the fact that every other weekend there is some sort of event that keeps him from making plans for one reason or another. And the holidays are no exception! As a matter of fact we have that many more action packed evenings.

I know touched base on Black Friday in an earlier post, but did not get into details or pics..... so here you go. For Thanksgiving this year we went to my aunt Sofia's house. We were all suppose to be there, but unfortunately Angie got sick last minute and was not able to make it from Naples. It kinda stunk since she was the one who really got everyone together at Sofia's... but she was there is spirit :0) Seeing all the little together is always an adventure in it's own.

Every year my lito Aunt Esperanza has a Christmas get together at her home. This year however was a bit more "action packed" with all the monsters running around. Again, always nice to have all/ most of the fam together.



In between all the madness that is the holidays I managed to FINALLY pick up my diploma! Yes folks, that is right- the diploma that I EARNED about 2 years ago. Because I actually completed my degree back in 2007. Can you imagine, my diploma had just been sitting there in a drawer at the registrar's office. My mom was pretty proud to finally see the end result of what my parent's college funds in combination with their daughter had accomplished!

I am really looking forward to the rest of the holidays and all the fun stuff that come along with it. Visits with Santa, wrapping presents, Noche Buena, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve... fun fun fun!

0 comments: