Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mommyhood and all the stuff people forgot to tell tell you about

I find that becoming a mother is the most fulfilling thing I have ever had the privilege to do.  I am thank God every day that he has blessed me with two healthy energetic boys, and hope he blesses us with a little girl one day.  Before I became a parent I heard all the enjoy them, they grow quick variations, and it is the best feeling speech.  And quite honestly it is so true... a) you will never imagine the love you have for your children until you hold them in your arms.You think you know, but it is not until you hold them that it hits you and b) these little boogers grow so quickly, I have days where I want to freeze them and keep them at this stage for another year or two (or five) when Papa and Mama are the best and all knowing beings alive.

And than there is all the real "fun" stuff no one decided to warn you about.  I  think the first is, just because both children are made up of the same genes they will be NOTHING alike.  Omi and Aiden are almost night and day, and pretty much sleep in shifts, just to assure neither of their parents decide  to add another little one to their pack.

Did you know that potty training is an event you look forward to, only to realize that public bathrooms are disgusting and would much rather your little one use their undies.  Which any parent stuck in the midst of diaper to undies transition knows "Mama, peepee in the toilet" means RUN your minutes are limited, very limited.  I can’t complain about this too much though, Omi has had maybe 2 accidents and  they were both at home.  And really neither were his fault, just mama not being quick enough at getting those pesky slacks off.

Brushing your teeth is a luxury some days- enough said.

Combing your hair, even less a priority than brushing your teeth. LOL... how big of a slob must I sound like?  Don’t judge

Everyone advises you to sleep and rest when they do, that way you have the energy to continue to run after them when they wake from their slumber.  What they didn’t tell you?  If you sleep when they do NOTHING will get completed,  the only time you have without them (literally) tugging at your ankles is when they are sleeping.  So put on the battery pack and get to working Cinderella!

THERE ARE NO BATHROOM BREAKS... EVER.  I for one usually have an audience present.

And before I scare you non parents into rethinking of having children... let me stop.  Children are the BEST.  I would not trade all the madness in our lives for any thing in the world, and DO enjoy it all to the fullest and with open arms.

0 comments: