Thursday, March 31, 2011

Addictions-

SDC15104SDC15105

Just recently for the season of Lent I gave up fast food, in the form of burgers, fries, chicken nuggets etc.  However I could not manage to cut out pizza...it is just not something I have the strength to do.  But back to no fatty fast foods.  So I thought it would also assist in the weight loss effort.  For as many of you may or may not know, fast food is my absolute weakness.  We pick up burgers ALL too often, courtesy of our schedule.  It is an awful habit we picked up while Omar played ball and stuck.  When giving up one habit I in avertedly started supplementing fatty foods with sweets!  Cupcakes became a common visitor in our home.  I know Lent has not been going on THAT long, how much damage could I have done... trust me folks, it was bad.  But they had to be Publix cupcakes, not even my own.  I am a sucker for  their butter cream frosting.  Just recently in another effort to shake my sweet tooth I have picked up yet another vice!  This one is slightly less fatty...roasted corn!  Delicious roasted kernels, and occasionally I will accompany my snack with a Malta.  Maltas are super fatty though, like 225 calories each, so I am limiting myself to one a day.  And I feel like my little snacks have also kept me pretty full most of the day and keep me from stuffing my face during meals.  In retrospect, I guess you can say that my fast food addictions have lead me to eating a little healthier.  I am hoping once Easter passes I can stay away from it with a little less effort.  Don’t get me wrong, I jones bad for my fatty foods...but my will power is getting stronger. 

0 comments: