Thursday, August 14, 2008

New Milestones


Becoming a mother has made me realize how precious life is. I always new it was, and never took it for granted but the actual intensity of it had never hit me until now. Last week when little Omar had his doctor's visit, he was diagnosed with "head lag". Although thank goodness it is nothing severe, I still cried. Omar of course is working doing his thing so I don't have to--- the down side? I have to go to doctor's visits alone. Because the little guy decided to not do a thing, complete laziness my fabulous Daysi wanted to rule out a couple of things so blood had to be drawn. That was just about the most horrible/horrifying/ terrible (unexplainable) thing I have ever had to experience. My little man did not just cry---- he screamed! I cried and cried and cried some more. Worse case scenerio? They were not able to even get a good vein so no blood could be drawn from his little arm. They had to than try from his precious little foot. Oh and did I mention that the poor little guy was also given two shots? Yeah I am still not sure who had a worse day, me or him? Because he was not lifting his head up as he should at this point I was referred to a neurologist in order to receive a better diagnosis of his developmental delay. The best prescription for head lag you may ask??? More tummy time. Omi HATES tummy time, to the point where he does not even like laying tummy to tummy with big Omar anymore because he associates that with tummy time poor angel. He has gotten so much better recently, a complete turn around. Still hates tummy time, but is holding his noggin up for minutes at a time now and looks all around. It is such a relief to see this improvement... I get teary eyed just thinking about it.
Here are some pics of just one of our tummy time sessions...
Hating tummy time to the fullest...
Tummy time boycott




He isn't too thrilled about the bumbo seat either... lol


0 comments: