Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another year comes and goes


Been a minute since I write on here, so you would imagine I would have some serious catching up to do. And of course, I am trying not to disappoint. Although not completely boring, really not all that eventful.

Last week I was pretty slammed with work, so blogging was not an option. And quite honestly with Valentine's Day right around the corner I really should not be messing around on the pc but I digress. I had a couple of cute cakes I did this past weekend. I really enjoyed doing Justin's birthday cake. And from what I have been told everyone enjoyed it as well. So that was a HUGE plus, getting paid is the goal of course but knowing that the little one loved his cake is a bit more fulfilling to me honestly.


I was actually really looking forward to going to Justin's birthday party and catching up with some old school friends, but alas Omar's agent called and off we were to a tryout up in Lakeland. Which would bring me to my next "event"---- don't get me wrong, was well worth it. Omar had a really good try out I think. Granted I am the wife, and likely a bit bias... but his timing was impeccable. He threw right along second, didn't fall short of the base. I would say he was throwing from 1.9 to 2.1. Which is really good. Not to mention they made him run the 60---- which is so0o0o worth making that drive for me. I love watching him run. Now most of you have seen him run, so you know what I am talking about. He tries so hard to run fast, and if you were to just look at him without any background you would believe he was running super fast. But alas, when placed against a background it appears as if he is almost running in place. Probably one of the funniest things I find about him. Which doesn't bother him at all, he knows he is not a fast runner. And truthfully as a catcher, he does not need to be "fast" and is not really expected to be a speedster. And my all time favorite--- watching him hit. It is actually odd and bizarre how much I love to watch him hit. Even though I do get annoyed with him during games... we all know Omi is either yamma or K. So many times he should allow himself to get walked and doesn't--- oh the joys of returning to the anticipated walks turning into "croquetas" and pit in my stomach. He did not disappoint during BP though.... crushed quite a few balls and gave his little man a show to be proud to watch although little Omi will recollect nothing of his Lakeland mini trip. However, I as always have documentation of both him in the hotel room and at the yard.


And last most definitely not least... yesterday was my birthday. (wah-wah-waaaaaaah). It was nothing spectacular, but it was nice. Omar took the day off from work as I had requested. When I rolled out of bed the three of us went to breakfast at none of other than Omar's favorite IHOP. He loves those pancakes, and I too have welcomed the cheesiness into my life. Afterward I went and got my much needed mani pedi. Only to routine it less than a day later. I have the worse luck when it comes to maintaining a fresh manicure. It is somewhat of a tradition that I have learned to despise, but deal with anyway. Now the next portion of the day was an interesting one. There is a Oriental Massage place near the house, I am convinced I will see it on 20/20 or Dateline one evening. It is open until late and just has a shady vibe. You know the ones I am talking about, happy endings etc. So, Omar either out of curiosity or who knows what decides to purchase me a massage at this place for my birthday. I must say it really was not all that bad, not the best--- but not horrific. But wow, the vibe I got when I walked in... just plain blah. I think it was perhaps how dark it was all over the place. There were so many doors in random places, two in the room where I received my massage. I can honestly say that I was not able to fully enjoy my massage with the squirmy feeling in my stomach not to mention the fear that the feds would be storming in at any moment to bust what I thought was an Oriental whore house. Needless to say, not of the most pleasant experiences. It was so weird that when I was done Omar had not gotten there yet and I choose to wait outside the building instead of the lobby area. Now the rest of my day was quite uneventful. Omar had school so not much was really done. I did his homework for his online class and took and quiz for him as well. Yeah imagine, I finished school and still am doing homework on my birthday. I am a frickin' amazing wife I tell you. Later in the evening the fam-bam and friends came over. We cut a yummy ice cream cake. MMMmmmmmMMMM... I love me some ice cream cake. Those little cookie bits they put in the middle are my absolute favorite. Since my birthday landed on a miserable Tuesday, on Sunday we'll be doing a BBQ. I am hoping that it goes a bit smoother than my actual birthday did. Again, I hate to be that ungrateful girl---- I just anticipated it better. I really don't know what I was wanting, just maybe something not so predictable. Mani pedis and massages are wonderful, but I am beginning to see a pattern develop when it comes to birthday gifts. How bratty must I sound- Well here are some more pictures of Little O and I at IHOP, singing Happy Birthday, and just our usual goofing around.

0 comments: