Saturday, January 7, 2012

6 years

 

DSCN1319

Our usual anniversary spot is the Melting Pot.  This year was no different.  We had a lovely dinner for two.  As a matter of fact I had actually been a little upset because there are two days of the year when I insist (not making the request vocal but it is just a known fact by now) on receiving flowers: our anniversary and Valentine’s Day.  Having spent all day without a single rose in sight I have to admit I was a little worried that my dear husband had goofed and forgotten.  I had tried to not pry and seem ungrateful and spoiled... but right before dinner I could no longer hold it in.  The conversation went a little like this:

Yvette "So umm...I hate to ask, but am I getting flowers today?"

Omar "Yes"

me "Really?  Because all the flowers spots are closed at this time.  And unless you are hiding them in the third row..."

Omar "I got you  flowers Yvette.  Trust me"

me "Eh... I think you forgot.  It is ok if you did, I know you have been very busy.  I’m not upset, just admit you forgot"

Omar "I didn’t forget Yvette- just drop it"

And like a good obedient wife I did drop it.  I figured he would make a quick pit stop at Walgreens for a quickie bouquet.  Because he likely had forgotten to previously purchase them.  Which of course he DIDN’T forget...they were there at the table waiting for us.  Only to of course have me make the comment, "the roses are beautiful.  But for what I am sure they are charging you here for them you could have gotten 2 dozen by the house"  Omar just can’t win ;)

  DSCN1320 DSCN1321 DSCN1322 DSCN1323 DSCN1324

0 comments: